Cocktail Of The Month : Lavender Bee's Knees
Ingredients For Lavender Syrup
2 cups water
2 cups sugar (I used a superfine sugar)
2-3 tbsp of lavender buds
1. Add water and buds to a pot and heat to a boil
2. Add sugar and stir until it dissolves
3. Let sit for 15 min.
Ingredients For Cocktail
2oz. Gin (we used Beefeater)
1oz. Lemon Juice (about half a lemon if you're going with fresh)
.5oz Lavender Syrup (1oz. for a sweeter cocktail)
Splash of honey
Lemon zest for garnish
1. Drizzle the honey on the bottom of your glass.
2. Before juicing your lemon, take a fruit peeler and peel a twist of lemon peel for garnish. Then proceed with the juicing. My lemons were too old so I used a wedge instead of a peel. I juiced mine straight into the cocktail shaker.
3. In the cocktail shaker add ice, gin, syrup, and lemon juice.
4. Shake it up and pour.